Pupil Premium Funding
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) was introduced by the Government in April 2011.
The PPG, which is additional to main school funding, is allocated to schools to work with students who:
- Are or have been registered for Free School Meals in the last 6 years;
- Are Looked After continuously for more than 6 months
- Are the children of service personnel
The Government believes that this targeted additional funding is the best way to help tackle any underlying disadvantages and inadequacies that exist between this group of students as defined and their peers.
The aim is to raise attainment among disadvantaged students by providing a range of learning opportunities that enable these students to reach their full potential regardless of the circumstances that might otherwise impede their progress.
The Government believes that schools are best placed to assess what additional provision their students need.
The PPG has a number of wider aims:
- To increase social mobility
- To enable more students from disadvantaged backgrounds to access the best in further education.
- To reduce the attainment gap between the highest and lowest achieving students nationally
Pupil Premium Reports (click on links)
Other Documents (click on links)