This carefully planned course gives students a real, in-depth understanding of how computer technology works. It offers an insight into what goes on 'behind the scenes' including computer programming.
- Students can develop their understanding of current and emerging technologies and how they work
- They look at the use of algorithms in computer programs
- Acquire and apply creative and technical skills, knowledge and understanding of IT in a range of contexts
- Develop computer programs to solve problems
- Evaluate the effectiveness of computer programs/solutions and the impact of computer technology in society
This course prepares the students for A level Computing/Computer Science, which we also deliver at Dysons.