'A' level Psychology
What on Earth is psychology?
• Psychology is the scientific study of mind and behaviour.
What grades will I need?
• Grade B or above in English, Maths and Science (triple or additional, not Btec).
What will the course cover?
• The AS course covers memory, childhood attachment, research methods, stress, social influence and abnormal psychology.
• The A2 course covers human relationships, aggression, eating behaviour, gender, phobias, schizophrenia, addiction and the scientific method.
How many exams and how much coursework will there be?
• There is no coursework! You are expected to carry out investigations but these are to gain knowledge of research methods and are not formally assessed.
• There are four exams over the two years, two each June.
What other 'A' levels could I take with it?
• Well, almost anything. Psychology complements most other subjects because it has elements of Arts, Humanities and the Sciences in it.
• But of the 'A' levels studied here, Sociology, Science for Public Understanding, Biology and English are particularly suited.
What sort of jobs can psychology help me into?
What jobs do psychologists go into?
So.....please - don't choose psychology!