Homework Responsibilities - Teaching Staff
- To set homework in accordance with published timetables, ensuring that it is relevant and supports learning.
- To mark and return homework in line with the school marking policy so that any issues can be dealt with before the student is required to move on in their learning and further apply the knowledge or skills learned.
- To ensure that all students especially with SEN, are supported in the clear and accurate recording of their homework tasks in their planners and on Epraise, and that they understand the task set. .
- To keep a record of homework completion and quality in order to be able to report on it to parents at progress checks and through annual reports.
- To alert parents to a child’s failure to complete or hand in homework via a note in the homework diary, or a direct communication such as a ‘phone call or e-mail.
- To ensure that the time allowed between the setting and handing in dates for homework is reasonable and allows all students the opportunity to have equal access to equivalent resources and for arranging to work together with others in their project group if required.
- To recognise successful completion and quality homework with rewards in accordance with school systems.